WASHINGTON — Tehran has reportedly submitted a revised 14-point peace plan to Pakistani mediators — as state media claimed the US has made concessions in the negotiations.

However, the news hours after President Trump delivered a dire warning to the Islamic Republic.

“For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving Fast, or there won’t be anything left of them. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE,” Trump posted on Truth Social on Sunday.

Iranian media claimed that the new plan focuses on “negotiations to end the war and confidence-building measures by the American side,” Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps-affiliated media Tasnim News Agency reported, citing a source close to the talks.

The outlet claimed that the US had recently submitted its counterproposal to the prior plan Tehran sent, which had similarly been 14 points.

It also claimed that the US backed Iran’s proposal to temporarily waive some oil sanctions during a negotiation period.

The bold claim — which would signify a major US concession as a gesture of good faith — has not been confirmed by any American officials or Pakistani mediator representatives.

“Iran, in line with the recent practice of exchanging messages, has once again submitted its text in 14 points through the Pakistani mediator after making amendments,” the source told Tasnim.

The Post contacted the White House for comment.

The 14 points being hashed out by the two sides are intended to lay the groundwork for a broader treaty to be brokered between the two sides, as The Post previously reported.

Trump’s team has sought to get Iran to at least halt its uranium enrichment and reopen the Strait of Hormuz in exchange for an easing of sanctions.

Negotiations on the US side have been led by special envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner.

Trump has publicly been adamant that Iran surrender its “nuclear dust,” referring to the regime’s stockpile of 60% enriched uranium, a short technical step from weapons-grade 90% enrichment.

That stash of 60% enriched uranium would be enough for 11 nuclear bombs if it were to be fully enriched to weapons-grade levels, Witkoff has publicly claimed he was told.

Getting up to the 60% enrichment level is a much more technically complicated process than going from 60% to 90%, according to nuclear experts.

Top US officials not involved in negotiations, such as Energy Secretary Chris Wright, have also raised concerns about Iran’s stash of 20% enriched uranium.

But so far, Iran has refused to surrender its enriched uranium stockpiles, much of which is believed to be buried deep under rubble in sites that were heavily bombed by the US.

For the time being, the US has monitored those sites via satellite, according to Trump. The president’s team had reportedly mulled over possible military options to put troops on the ground to retrieve the uranium in what would be a very risky operation.

US officials have grumbled over the difficulties of negotiating with the regime due to the lack of responses.

“We’ve given this regime in Iran every opportunity to reach one,” Secretary of State Marco Rubio told “NBC Nightly News” last week. “But part of the problem we’re having, frankly, is they’re divided internally within Iran. They’re divided internally, and it makes it hard to get counterproposals from them.”

“In many cases, the feeling is we are negotiating with someone who then has to turn around and negotiate with someone in his own system in his own country,” Rubio added. “So oftentimes it takes four, five days to get responses from the Iranian side.”

“That’s been an impediment here.”

Share.
Exit mobile version